Warclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Co-op games: AVP1 &2

5 posters

Go down

Co-op games: AVP1 &2 Empty Co-op games: AVP1 &2

Post  DriftWood Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:48 pm

As Predator posted here the third installment of Alien versus Predator game has arrived. This third looks great but I think it is missing something that both previous versions had.

This video shows how crappy graphics the first one has compared to todays games. But where it shined was the atmosphere. And this game had one of the best co-op modes ever. One pc had to act as the server and the rest joined in the game and chose sides from the marines, aliens or predators. If the server happened to disconnect from various reasons the game did not end, it just randomly chose which of the surviving comps would be the next server and you could continue playing and others could join back to it. (Windows 98 it was back then).

My favourite class was Marine as it sucks so bad against aliens and predators. You are in a dark with very limited light and that stupid motion detector is the only thing that gives you any knowledge where the enemies where. The sounds were awesome cause you are shitting your pants after hearing one *shiss* coming from behind you. Usually it meant that you are dead Very Happy but not always. With flame thrower, grenades and various weapons the marine is a killer of its own.

But nothing compared to alien... Runs, fast, can climb to impossible places and just wait and laugh at marines vain attempt to locate it. And then just drop and kill the marine Smile

Predator was the medic of the AVP. Can hide and stay hidden, aim and kill. And it could take the punches of aliens and just skin it alive. Deadly at close range and from the distance. Alien was only deadly from close up, and marine too if one was lucky. Smile

Most of the maps were at close range as the graphic engine was not too great for big areas. Solo play was very good too, as you played it as a marine. But the game really shined in co-op/against each other.

But then came AVP2... It is still relatively ok from todays standards. Soloplay was great as you started as a facehugger who had to find a human or similar to plant itself inside it. And the adventure continued. There were other options to follow in the game, but this was my favourite.

And the game continued where you left first AVP. Now the engine could handle to outside maps far better and you could play in a forest location not unlike the Predator movie showed (Schwarzenegger etc). Predator was now even more easy to play as nobody really noticed it and it could use scoped weapons and you could kill aliens or marines from miles away it seemed. Aliens were the favourite of the game as they moved across the landscape with astonishing speeds and could mutilate targets in seconds. And they were so easy to move. Great stuff.

Marines were the easy peasy paper models that you could kill in an instant Smile
Not to be trifled with if they had good weaponry and some skills, but you still could kill them in any map. We used to have a six player party going through the map and try to stay alive against one or two aliens or predators. I think might be worth to try even today as it is ok looking game... worth a thought.

Maybe that new AVP has a decent multiplayer game in it, so we might try it.
"Over and out sergeant! Sergeant!? *Graaah!* Serrgeaaaaaaaaa#%#¤&#¤!" *signal empty*"

-Drift

DriftWood

Back to top Go down

Co-op games: AVP1 &2 Empty Re: Co-op games: AVP1 &2

Post  HARDY Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:06 pm

1 ques. # did u type that all topic manually? o_()

HARDY

Back to top Go down

Post  DriftWood Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:06 pm

I did. Did not make to movies Wink

Try career in history, archaeology, anthropology and you get soon used to the fact that you have to make reports about almost everything. Comes as a second nature very quickly.

I am making these reports as a moment of something else to think when you can read about some obsolete game nobody is interested in anymore Very Happy

Yours in boredom,
-Drift

DriftWood

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:18 pm

yeah i noticed you like reports drift ^^

reports for other games, ts3, your match, ... xd

phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  DriftWood Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Nah, these are just for fun. Dont know if people even read these. Smile

This topic earned me my first rejection:"Take your old games out of the forum."
So I propably will stop posting them or do them more spairingly as it seems to annoy some readers. Smile

-Drift

DriftWood

Back to top Go down

Post  Elecktr Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:50 pm

NA , i like them

Elecktr

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayos Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Played AVP2 in the old dayz... and it was fun, although I never played it online.

I didnt like the Alien campaign since it was too short. I always had a thing for Predators because of the sneaking and the infra red vision!

Marine class was too scary for me back then... affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

NICE REPORT BRINGING BACK SOME LAME MEMORIES!
Kayos
Kayos

http://www.ballsoffury.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down