Warclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon age & Dragon age 2

4 posters

Go down

Dragon age & Dragon age 2 Empty Dragon age & Dragon age 2

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:45 pm

This games are amazing! They are definitely some of my favorite games! I give the first game 10/10 and the 2nd one 9.5/10.

What really sets Dragon age and Dragon age 2 apart from other RPG is the dialogues and the way you can alter the story. Every choice you make have consequence.

You have several companions (some of which you can romance and start a relationship with) that all respond differently to your choices. Depending on how you respond to them and other NPCs in the world they might approve or disapprove. If their disapproval gets to low they might decide to leave you but if their approval gets to high you get rewarded with a loyal friend and special skills that can help you in the game!

Dragon age

The plot is so complicated so im gonna quote from Wikipedia.

"The game is set in Ferelden, one of several countries that makes up the mythical continent of Thedas. The game opens with an animation which details the origins of demonic creatures called the darkspawn, that dwell within the Deep Roads, an underground highway system created by the dwarves long ago, deep beneath the surface of Thedas. Every few hundred years, the darkspawn swarm the surface world in a movement known as a Blight. Beginning with the first Blight, Thedas relied on the legendary order of warriors known as the Grey Wardens to drive the darkspawn back. Dragon Age: Origins begins on the eve of Thedas's fifth Blight.
The player begins the game by completing one of the six origin stories corresponding to the race and background of the character he or she created upon choosing a new game; the choices are Human Noble (for Human Warriors or Rogues), Magi (for Elven or Human Mages), Dalish Elf or City Elf (for Elven Warriors or Rogues), Dwarf Commoner or Dwarf Noble (for Dwarven Warrior or Rogue). The origin section introduces the players to the mechanics of the game and the fictional world through a personalized context. The origin story determines the biography of the character and how NPCs react to the player for the rest of the game. For example, elves are often viewed as second class citizens by humans, while mages are treated with suspicion and fear, while the human noble is treated with respect.[33] In every origin story, the player is introduced to Duncan, a Grey Warden who is trying to find recruits to fight the Blight. By the end of his or her origin story, the player's character is selected as a potential Grey Warden, and leaves with Duncan."

Dragon age 2

Unfortunately Dragon age 2 is not quite as good as the first game but it still an amazing game that is worth trying! The inventory and dialogue system have been slightly changed from the first game. The action and combat is also a little bit faster in DA2 but it still offers the unique pause system that offers you full control over your companions and set up your very own tactics for each companion.

The inventory system works so that instead of being 100% able to choose what they wear they instead wear specific clothes desgined for them. Some people likes this and some don't. Personally i think it's very good. I no longer have to worry about if they look like shit because i mixed all kind of armors just because of the stats. Of course you can still buy armor upgrades for them and change their weapons and minor accessories(belts, amulets, rings).

The dialogue system in Dragon age 2 is quite similar to Mass effect 1 and 2. Instead of using a list(the first game) you now use a dialogue wheel but companions will still respond either good or negative to your choices(Friendship or rivalry) and is in the first game there is a number of companions you can romance both male and female.

"Set in the mythical world of Thedas, Dragon Age II tells the story of Hawke,[2] who fled the nation of Ferelden during the events of "Dragon Age: Origin" and arrived in the neighboring state of Kirkwall as a refugee. Within the span of a decade, Hawke would rise in power and influence to become the legendary "Champion of Kirkwall", and the center of events that change the course of Thedas forever. The game focuses on Hawke's rise to power and is framed through flashbacks by one of Hawke's old companions, Varric, who relates the Champion's 'true story' to Cassandra Pentaghast, a Seeker of Thedas' religious Chantry.[5]
Choices that players made in Dragon Age: Origins, its DLC content, and expansion pack "Awakening" can be imported into Dragon Age II and are reflected by allusions to Thedas's political state as well as appearances by past characters."

Link for DA2 Demo: http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo/

Back to top Go down

Dragon age & Dragon age 2 Empty Re: Dragon age & Dragon age 2

Post  HARDY Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:33 pm

f... question mark

HARDY

Back to top Go down

Post  DriftWood Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Yet to play Dragon Age (I have the first game still wrapped in plastic). It really devided my friends. Some hated it and some loved it.

The Normal advice I have gotten is to play the first game on an easy setting so one can enjoy it without frustrations.

Bitchy, you seem to have the second game (and if you have a facebook account) you might want to check the Dragon Age Legends game. http://www.ea.com/dragon-age-legends
It is playable on facebook so it might be of some interest.

-Drift

DriftWood

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Well i don't have it legally. I was planning on buying DA2 but since the game came out so late in Europe compared to North America i decided to get it an other way.

The game can be a bit confusing at start with the whole tactics/pause system but get into it quite fast and you can have all kind of strategies and tactics once you learned it. You can play on easy if you are just there for the story(which is great in both games) but it tends to get a little bit to easy if you are used to RPGs and especially if you are playing Mage. So i normally play on Hard since it offers quite the challenge.

I strongly recommend that you play it. It of course takes a while(around 20-24 Hours only main quests and easily up to 25-35 with all side quests) but it's worth it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Elecktr Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Dragon Age > Dragon Age 2
Thats all from me

Elecktr

Back to top Go down

Post  shArk Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:52 am

This discussions we already had on the server, and well, i could not agree more with you Bitchy..
Both are amazing games, but i still stick to my opinion that this second (DA2) is better than the first one. Bioware definitely heard us and made the whole game easier, better and with much better graphics (Dx11 ready)
The storyline is awesome, gameplay is pretty smooth and i so love the history of the characters and the game itself.

The only thing what i disliked at all is that i am (still) no able to turn into a Dragon...(thanks for clarifying Bitchy) The Demo i've played was defenitly from the Game Divinity 2 so i thought i already could transform... Hope DA3 i will have that power!

So, if u guys need a really good game with an incredible storyline, then u should get both games, Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2.

----------
Already downloaded AC:Brotherhood, soon I'll make a review to tell what has changed, improved and worsened!!

>> Stay sharp, you never know when a shark is coming <<
shArk
shArk

http://www.gtfo.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Elecktr Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:04 pm

DA2 got same gfx even on Dx11 , i dont see any diffrence

Elecktr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content