Warclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valkyria Chronicles

2 posters

Go down

Valkyria Chronicles Empty Valkyria Chronicles

Post  DriftWood Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Sometimes you just dont want anything to do with multiplayer games. Good solid single player game is the thing you can always do. At least there are some good ones out there. Mass Effects, Dragon Age and loads of games from the past.

I happen to run into Valkyria Chronicles.

If you have played Advance Wars, Laser Squad/X-com UFO and some shooters you will feel right at home. All your units have certain number of action points. And you move your troops and vehicles according to those points. Turn by turn you advance against enemies and if you are lucky or able to you might win a battle. And maybe even win the war. Then when you finally see the enemy you have to aim and fire as a realtime game. Nice combination of different ways of gaming styles combined makes a very entertaining game indeed.

It is 1930s and mythical type of Europe is the theatre where you have to fight and follow the story. Anime style graphics work in this game really well, the story is interesting enough so the animations between missions wont bother. I spend many wonderful moments with this game.

Gameplay

Only for PS3. Two more games have been published in the series but only for PSP.
This one is well worth it.

-Drift

DriftWood

Back to top Go down

Valkyria Chronicles Empty Re: Valkyria Chronicles

Post  DriftWood Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Ah, with this the usual thing happened the other way around.

First was the game, then appeared animation and manga. Anime is ok, so you watch it without huge urge to vomit Smile
The US version of the anime had some copyright problem so the girl you can see in the game using rifle was removed from it.

-Drift

DriftWood

Back to top Go down

Post  shArk Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:30 am

I so loved the "Grrrrr words" when the tank moved and the Scope Sound!!!! I wonder if that game is as fun as it seems to be!
shArk
shArk

http://www.gtfo.org

Back to top Go down

Post  DriftWood Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:47 am

It is.

Critics give it a score of 86/100 and fans 89/100. It is not a perfect game, some of the maps are stupid, but the action works very well on the game. Some minor annoyances are like hiding behind 2 meter boxes does not protect you from bullets as well as stone fence which is 30 cm high. Smile

I have not played those two later games in Valkyria series, cause I dont have PSP console for which they were made for.

-Drift

DriftWood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down