Warclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to increase the PCs performance

+2
Ruben0s
shArk
6 posters

Go down

How to increase the PCs performance Empty How to increase the PCs performance

Post  shArk Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:31 pm

I bet you had days that you only wanted to smash the PC against a wall or throw it through a window, because it's to slow compairing when u bought it new. Well, with this little guide you can increase the Pc performance about 120% (even faster than when u bought the PC new)
This helps especially for gaming, but on normal use it will definitly reduce your headache :-)
Let's get started

Some softwares i use to run the Game more smoothly:
Game Booster (closes all little softwares what's running on the background)
FRAPS (Mmonitors the ingame Frames)

Some softwares i use before I launch the Game:
Disc defragmentation (System Cleaner 5) - reorder all information of your disc so that it can be easier to be found, and fixes fragmentation)
Registry Defrag/Clean (System Cleaner 5) - Fixing the Registry helps u with performance and problems of the PC like, PC starts faster, no crashes,...
Deleting Temporarly Files (System Cleaner 5) Always delete the items u don't use!!
Empty your Ram Data (Advanced system care)

You always need 15% of your Disc free for the best performance.

Some tools u may need:
Startup manager (System Cleaner 5) When PC starts, while loading windows it always executes those programs(msn, gamign applications, softwares u don't use) Keep in mind, if windows boots without those aplications, it gets about 80% faster like it would be new!

For internet speed increase, there's not alot u can do.. there are softwares out there but none of it really increased the brandwitdh of my internet connection. If u encounter problems with, slow internet page openings, slow itens loading on a website then i suggest deleting the cache, history and temp files of the browser(Chrome, Safari, internet explorer,opera, mozilla,...)

You can do this with the program Advanced system care or on the option of your browser..

The browsers i recomend are:
1. Google Chrome (definitly the best one, won the most secure and fastest browser last year 2010)
2. Safari (It's the fastest till today, but i don't think the browser is that secure)
3. Mozilla (Thats the most slow browser i ever used but it wins with his security system)

I use Google Chrome.

Hope this Guide helped you,
Good luck

PS: Any help you need post in this Topic, thanks and stay well
shArk
shArk

http://www.gtfo.org

Back to top Go down

How to increase the PCs performance Empty Re: How to increase the PCs performance

Post  Ruben0s Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:31 pm

buy a ssd with trim support and your pc will feel way faster and will always stay like this. For games I recommend overclocking can give you about 35% fps improvement.

Google chrome is the fastest internet explorer but has some problems ( you can't play quakelive). Also I had a problem with the google chrome updater. It made my cpu stay at 33% load all the time.

I doubt that the other programs will make your pc 120% faster. I think that the effects will be really small (unless you have a pc from the stone age)

This is the SSD I have atm. (@ 0.45 you can see how fast it is)

be aware once you are used to a SSD you can't handle computers without.
Ruben0s
Ruben0s

Back to top Go down

How to increase the PCs performance Empty Re: How to increase the PCs performance

Post  Elecktr Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:05 pm

SSD's with those prices is waste of money
Link to gamebooster : http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
easy to make it full if u know how to search Smile
For cleaning registry etc best is CCleaner

Elecktr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruben0s Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:09 pm

if you have used a ssd you know its not a waste of money, but yes they are expensive 90 euro for 60 gb.
Ruben0s
Ruben0s

Back to top Go down

Post  HARDY Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:39 pm

been using mozilla for like 3 years..best browser so far
How to increase the PCs performance 956120c1-1720-4458-8e66-3eb41dc2d870

HARDY

Back to top Go down

Post  BadBest Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:26 pm

I use opera, it's ace Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BadBest
BadBest
BALLS OUT
BALLS OUT

Back to top Go down

Post  shArk Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:04 pm

SSD is indeed the best hard discs around but with its price i can get a 2TB hard drive Very Happy

So ruben, whats the transfer speed of that masterpiece (SSD)?
shArk
shArk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruben0s Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:07 pm

285/280
Ruben0s
Ruben0s

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:43 pm

SSD is pro and definitely worth it if you have some extra money over! I have a Corsair F80 which is basically the exact same SSD as Rubens only the stickers and case on them differ. The whole system is so fast to respond and rapid. All programs starts as soon as you clicked, no need to wait on them to start and it doesn't matter how many programs you open. You can easily open 30 programs and they will all start as soon as you click on them :s

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruben0s Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:32 pm

My pc boots up in 25 seconds.

Last edited by Ruben0s on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruben0s
Ruben0s

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:37 pm

I doubt that if you count in the time it takes for BIOS and the time it takes to login...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruben0s Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:59 pm

its with bios. Bios takes like 1 second to load.
Ruben0s
Ruben0s

Back to top Go down

Post  shArk Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Actually, my PC boots in 30-35 seconds, with Bios ofc. So my 7200rpm hard disc isn't that slow either...
The boot speed also depends on which S.O. you are on.. Keep in mind that Windows 7 is the fastest one!

The good about SDD drives is that they use flash memory, same as USB, they are much faster reading/writting bigger files and more quiter..
HDD on the other hand, uses rotating platters and they have a certain limit of rotation cicles, thats why they are slow!

Dam, i'm so jealous knowing that Ruben already has a SDD. Whats it's weight?

shArk
shArk

Back to top Go down

Post  Grim Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Bitchy how many times you open 30 programs at the same time? :S The 'price - performance' comparison with ssd's is just horrible. Another problem with them is the space..how many games + other programs can you fit in a 60 gb ssd that costs 100 euros? Besides I would rather have my way to refrigerator than staring at the computer screen for 15 seconds less than normal. If they make ssd with 1tb space for 50 euros I will buy it, otherwise no thanks.

Grim

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruben0s Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:21 pm

grim, why would you install games on a SSD? It's not about waiting 15 second less, its about how it feels all the time. Also you say that the price performance ain't good, but the only thing thats better about the HDD is the gigabyte per euro but of course this has nothing to do with the performance.

Ruben0s
Ruben0s

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum