Warclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E3 2011

3 posters

Go down

E3 2011 Empty E3 2011

Post  Valkyrie Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Any one catch Microsofts E3 press conference today. It seems like XBox is all about Kinect. No controller based hames on the horizon. Modern Warfare 3 looks kinda boring but Ghost Recon looks sick. Also... Halo 4!

Next up is Sony and I am sure we will see them address the hacking issue.

Nintendo release a new console tomorrow.

I am on my phone now but will post links when I get on my computer.

Edit: On PC now.

Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

E3 2011 Empty Re: E3 2011

Post  vATU Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 am

There u go some mw3!
vATU
vATU

Back to top Go down

Post  Valkyrie Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:36 pm

E3 2011 ESOeI
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post  DriftWood Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:33 pm

I finally had some free time on my hands and a reasonable network so I decided to check the offerings from the E3.

BF3 was a big hit on all the platforms.
Microsoft:
Xbox360 - Halo HD and Halo 4 were the suprises this time. I am not a great fan of Kinect and it felt like everything was concentrated on the "you are the controller" commercial. All in all, not a bad show.

Sony:
PS3 - Metal Gear Trilogy is coming (MGS2, MGS3 and MG:Peace Walker) and in HD. Uncharted 3 looked very nice. Cant wait to get my hands on this one! And as with Microsoft Sony did most of the other games for PS3 with Move... Not so interested in this.

NGP = aka. Vita - Handheld concoles gets another masterpiece with the follow up to not so succesfull PSP. Now with two analogue sticks, touch screen and lots of others. And this one seems to have a reasonable prize for it (under 300 euros). Another game of Uncharted coming for it (looked really good). With GPS, screen fit for hd-movies and other stuff this one is a fine contender for the next fall. What was a rea suprise is that the handheld is powerfull enough so that you can continue to play your PS3 game with it and when you return home you can transfer the game file back to PS3 and if you made any progress in the game you have it on your PS3 game too. A bit hazy how this is done, but we have to wait

Nintendo:
Wii is coming toward its end. Still it will have some very good games this year. Mainly The Last Story and A Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword with Motion+ controls. Wii already has a working system on motion so Nintendo could concentrate on more interesting stuff. Like their 3DS which is not selling as good as they wanted. So another version of 3DS is coming with 3DSi (like DS started selling really good with the DS Lite version back in the day) and the very much expected new console from Nintendo.

It is called Wii U and they pretty much showed only the controller of the new console with 6"-9" monitor, two analogue sticks and usual stuff. And at least they have finally managed to leave the friend code idiocy behind and you can play with your friends a bit more easily than on regular Wii. No real info was released, but games like BF3 and such are working on it so it might be powerfull enough to attract players to it. Wii games will work on it.

This years E3 was a good one.

-back to the forest for tomorrow Drift

DriftWood

Back to top Go down

Post  vATU Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Playstation Vita Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Suspect
vATU
vATU

Back to top Go down

Post  DriftWood Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Correct. Or PS Vita to be more precise.

It seems like most PSP games will work on it, but only those available from PSN store. As Vita does not have umd-station in it cannot play those. We will see next autumn what it will be and what games it offer.

-Drift

DriftWood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down