Warclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Witcher 2

3 posters

Go down

The Witcher 2 Empty The Witcher 2

Post  shArk Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:12 am

Is it me or this Game is very GPU/CPU demanding??? I know that my laptop isn't the greatest machine for games but still, i had no problm running GTA4, Crysis2. Even Arma 2 i could play it on medium detail at 1280x720 25-40FPS.
But this one, i get 15-20FPS at 1280x720 everything low detail. To those who have the game, do they encounter the same performance issue? I already applied the newest patch v1.2 and did a custom user.ini which i lowered the shadows detail but still, didn't solved the problem.
This is probably the heaviest game i ever played.

Graphics are beautiful, everything is in movement, trees, water, leafs but theres no option to disable that. i think this is causing the FPS drop.(You know how shaders are GPU demanding in Crysis) I hope the producers will listen to mid-end low-end PC users and release a more advanced graphic options so we can tweak the most of it.
The game is really awesome, storyline just perfect, but playing at 18FPS isn't enjoyable at all.

My PC specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
4GB Ram DDR3
nVidia GeForc 9600m GT 512mb 30% overclocked (9600m = mobile - it's a laptop)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits
shArk
shArk

http://www.gtfo.org

Back to top Go down

The Witcher 2 Empty Re: The Witcher 2

Post  Elecktr Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:49 am

Witcher 2 needs alot of cpu . Its not best optimalized game . Just lower the resolution and it should be ok

Elecktr

Back to top Go down

Post  willo Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:45 am

Graphics are amazing on this game but am not sure on the game itself ?????

I seem to keep on playing about 10 minutes of it and keep turning it off.So that means it will take me about 6 months to finish it. I like games that draw me in this does not have that for me.

Sorry to here about your low fps but most games are killing most computer and laptops users fps. Thats just life of being a pc gamer maybe time for a upgrade or just build your own computer but you send you had no problems with GTA4, Crysis2 which kill the fps.I had a problem with crysis 2 and dirt 3 and all i had to do was update the drivers and i have a XFX HD 5970 Black Edition 2GB.Shark am getting between 95 fps to 105fps on the witcher 2

1: 3d drivers cause issues for most gamers if you can get the latest driver for your system

2: Download real temps to check you temperatures on laptop because laptops do over heat

3: Get latest patches for the game the 1.3 patches with be coming out soon you might be best waiting for that one for you system

shark read this hope it was helpful
willo
willo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Well ofc it runs slow. Look at your components they are not very good...

And yes there is a option to turn things off/on but you have to open the Configurater.exe in the witcher 2 folder.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum