Warclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life

5 posters

Go down

Life Empty Life

Post  ping+ Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:59 am

Do we all get along?

These are the questions that concern some of us.
But as atheist, agnostic, religious or any other mind, we never see the dangers that life poses on us.
Nothing is more dangerous than living our lives. But let me ask you something then.
Why do we live? We were born, yes. But did we ever wanted to live? I don't think we ever had that urge before we were born.
Luckily our mothers granted our lives. They also granted everything else that comes with our lives. Good, mediocre and bad things.
Are we happy to experience bad things? I don't think so. But who can be blame? Our mother, father, society, ourselves or something else?

We have never experienced our unimaginable non-existence. Who shall we blame for it? Or is 'blame' a masquerade of the real cause and relatively potential problem?

A human being, (without religion, or any values) is a simple creature with (these days) a lack of common and rational sense. Even though many of us have our moral values and principles, most have learned those in the course of their lives by close acquaintances and/or family.
No offense against religion, mindsets or auras at all.
But if we ignore every aspect of morality, religious rules, values, codes and social behaviour, we are indeed benign, wishful thinking and a tad naive.
Let us say;
Everyone who ever drank water died.
ping+
ping+

Back to top Go down

Life Empty Re: Life

Post  ZoD Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:30 am

100% of people will die so why not live to the max while you're at it?

ping+ wrote:Luckily our mothers granted our lives. They also granted everything else that comes with our lives. Good, mediocre and bad things.
Are we happy to experience bad things? I don't think so. But who can be blame? Our mother, father, society, ourselves or something else?
It is part of growing up to learn that life is not only about the good things. Slowly kids will realize that bad things happen and it's not their fault - it's simply life. Kids with parents who protect their child from everything will once be surprised to experience the everyday life of an adult. Teaching the kids to make the best of every situation and to stay positive no matter what is to me the right thing to do.

ping+ wrote:A human being, (without religion, or any values) is a simple creature with (these days) a lack of common and rational sense. Even though many of us have our moral values and principles, most have learned those in the course of their lives by close acquaintances and/or family.
No offense against religion, mindsets or auras at all.
But if we ignore every aspect of morality, religious rules, values, codes and social behaviour, we are indeed benign, wishful thinking and a tad naive.
Let us say;
Everyone who ever drank water died.
First off, people do have a brain when they are born even if it's empty. You can't teach skills like rational thinking or logic. You can only explain different scenarios but ultimately everything people need to solve problems is there since the beginning.

Also you're pretty much stating the obvious here. Of course you're gonna learn everything about life while growing up (values, morale and whatnot). People aren't a mass manufacturing product where the final product is indeed as final version as it'll ever be. Different from products, people will learn & evolve. Being the masterrace on this planet and all, I don't think it's too bad knowing that we are all different and can learn from one another.

p.s. where did u copy this from XD
ZoD
ZoD

Back to top Go down

Post  .WAR|Berry. Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:14 pm

let me translate this then i will replay Very Happy coz im not with u in everything u said :<

.WAR|Berry.

Back to top Go down

Post  ping+ Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:33 pm

ZoD wrote:p.s. where did u copy this from XD

I did not copy it, but just wrote it to see what other people's views are regarding the subject.
It came to my attention that there are many things that could use a positive and constructive discussion, especially after reading this page about antinatalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinatalism
ping+
ping+

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.$m!th Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:13 am

affraid I'm too tired to try to understand and try to think about that subject. But, i'm completly for having such dicussion on the forum, even if for me it is too regressive and potentially negative....
Mr.$m!th
Mr.$m!th

Back to top Go down

Post  ping+ Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Mr.$m!th wrote::regressive and potentially negative....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
ping+
ping+

Back to top Go down

Post  ZoD Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:02 pm

ping+ wrote:
Mr.$m!th wrote::regressive and potentially negative....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
What's there to not think as negative? Seeing it literally means putting a negative value to life. After skimming through the wikipedia article you posted, I don't see why anyone would support this. Only thing it supports is that there's way too many isms in the english vocabulary.
ZoD
ZoD

Back to top Go down

Post  ping+ Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:43 pm

ZoD wrote:What's there to not think as negative? Seeing it literally means putting a negative value to life.
That is indeed the opinion that everyone is entitled to. Every person thinks differently about a subject. A suicidal man could indeed think about life as negative and abominable while he has his mind on death as a positive thing. But I digress, life can be looked upon with every view imaginable. A pessimistic, optimistic, nihilistic and every -istic person that can contribute is an asset to this topic.

ZoD wrote:Only thing it supports is that there's way too many isms in the english vocabulary.
More words equals more knowledge, views and arguments. These are always welcome in my humble opinion.
ping+
ping+

Back to top Go down

Post  ZoD Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 pm

ping+ wrote:
ZoD wrote:What's there to not think as negative? Seeing it literally means putting a negative value to life.
That is indeed the opinion that everyone is entitled to. Every person thinks differently about a subject. A suicidal man could indeed think about life as negative and abominable while he has his mind on death as a positive thing. But I digress, life can be looked upon with every view imaginable. A pessimistic, optimistic, nihilistic and every -istic person that can contribute is an asset to this topic.
Being suicidal is in no means a normal condition and in that case you should put your focus to something else than discussing the negativity of life as a concept. You're right life can be seen in many ways but I think we both can agree on the fact that out of the ones you mentioned there's only one right way. The mainpoint of life is to treat it as a gift, something you have only once - something that can be taken away. And thus it's the most precious thing you hold in your hands. And in some cases it's not only your life in your hands but others aswell and with that being said to me it's damn dumb to take your own or anyone elses life for granted. Honestly I feel sorry for people who only think negative about things.

Going back to your sentence about being suicidal, I truly hope it's not the case with you. If so, there's always a better option. Smile 

ping+ wrote:
ZoD wrote:Only thing it supports is that there's way too many isms in the english vocabulary.
More words equals more knowledge, views and arguments. These are always welcome in my humble opinion.
There's no need to create an '-ism' out of something you think is right. Categorizing stuff can be good at times but with like a thousand isms it's way out of hand.  Also more words don't equal more knowledge, views or arguments. Words can only do so much and creating a new word for something everyone already knows is hardly an improvement in neither of those things, it only makes you sound smart. Also, being too smart wordswise does have it's disadvantages when people have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when you use 5 different isms in a sentence. I sure didn't know what nihilism means before I checked it.
ZoD
ZoD

Back to top Go down

Post  ping+ Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:00 am

A negative and/or detrimental opinion on life could have its advantages. A pessimist thinks that the Nokia stock would go down, but when it goes up, everyone (especially the pessimistic speculator) is happy. When a person is relatively pleased with 'negative' things, they can be happy with mundane but 'positive' things also.

ZoD wrote:Being suicidal is in no means a normal condition and in that case you should put your focus to something else than discussing the negativity of life as a concept.
Being suicidal  is the mental state of a person. People should have the right to end their own lifes, don't they?

Every 'condition', as you call it, is a normal state of mind in my opinion. Everyone has their mind set on a specific goal; conscious or unconscious. Nobody should be deprived of their goals concerning life or death.

ZoD wrote:The mainpoint of life is to treat it as a gift, something you have only once - something that can be taken away. And thus it's the most precious thing you hold in your hands. And in some cases it's not only your life in your hands but others aswell and with that being said to me it's damn dumb to take your own or anyone elses life for granted.

A poisoned chalice is always dangerous.

ZoD wrote: Honestly I feel sorry for people who only think negative about things.

Negative things are always relative. Capitalism is negative for someone with a different mindset, but it is a positive thing for another capitalist.

ZoD wrote:Going back to your sentence about being suicidal, I truly hope it's not the case with you. If so, there's always a better option. 

No, I'm not suicidal.

ZoD wrote:There's no need to create an '-ism' out of something you think is right. Categorizing stuff can be good at times but with like a thousand isms it's way out of hand.  Also more words don't equal more knowledge, views or arguments. Words can only do so much and creating a new word for something everyone already knows is hardly an improvement in neither of those things, it only makes you sound smart. Also, being too smart wordswise does have it's disadvantages when people have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when you use 5 different isms in a sentence. I sure didn't know what nihilism means before I checked it.

Every -ism brings a nuance in a type of opinion. With less words to express yourself, you are actually promoting Orwell's Newspeak which limits our ability to give a broader opinion on anything. Double plus plus.

Last edited by ping+ on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
ping+
ping+

Back to top Go down

Post  ZoD Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 am

I really don't see your point in all this so I'll just end it right here. No point arguing over something I don't understand.
ZoD
ZoD

Back to top Go down

Post  ping+ Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:48 pm

I am sorry, my computer crashed in the middle, hence the incomplete answer.

Edit: fixed the post.
ping+
ping+

Back to top Go down

Post  HARDY Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:22 pm

that textttt
flewededdDDDd over my head

HARDY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content